Powered by Blogger.

THE CURE FOR OCD? CHAPTER 3. WORLD MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS WEEK.






* I just wanted to pop a little disclaimer before you start to have a lil read that I am going to be mentioning a lot of my OCD triggers, I know that in the past, I have found it difficult to read what others go through as it would sometimes mirror onto myself, so i just wanted to let you know to forewarn you just incase x *

**If you would prefer to watch a video version of this post with more in depth about my OCD journey, I have a whole playlist uploaded on my youtube of previous OCD videos I have filmed, this is the link... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ8jW5x-QISE-nO2YXSW5sWg5X_I8FOli**

Chapter 3

Another way of thinking that tied in so well with this logical perception of things was to find out information. For example, every single time i left my apartment, wether it was only to take the bins out, i would check my beauty drawer where my hairsprays and deodorants were kept. They were kept in this drawer out of sunlight, out of high heated areas in my room but then created another concern that because these aerosols were now tucked away, what if something caused them to burst, caused a fire??

Like I say, the relief and realisation of that i wouldn't be responsible if something WERE to happen to these aerosols wouldn't be my fault, helped me ten fold. But, what really made a difference was learning the how's and why's.

So, i hit google up and discovered how difficult it would be to actually burst an aerosol. There's me thinking a bobby pin could pierce through the can and cause an explosion. Jennifer also told me that to have any effect, the cans would have to be heated to an extreme temperature or be put under pressure in order for something to happen. Now i'm not saying leave your aerosols on a windowsill to sunbathe but knowing this information just made me realise, how much pain this worry was causing me, causing me to go and check that non of the cans were touching anything, that they wasn't in sunlight, that they wasn't touching one another and could some how 'react' to one another, cause me to go back and check multiple times until it 'felt right' and yet something as simple as doing a little research and actually finding out if these fears and worries COULD happen, changed me. Now, i still like to make sure i'm responsible with them, you know, keep them kept neatly (more for my love of organisation) and stored away and now i don't even think to check them before i leave. Ever.


I would have popped it all in one post but it was sooooooo word heavy & I thought uploading a chapter daily might be easier to read & digest. So I've added all chapters to my dropdown menu under lifestyle, where you can find all chapters inside <3 

Thank you so so much taking the time out of your day to read my post.

I have been wanting to write a post about my OCD for a very long time but if you know anything at all about OCD, you will know how much information you can hold. It's so tricky to put it all into words sometimes and me being me, i do love to jabber sometimes haha!

Thank you so much again for reading and i do hope that this somewhat helped you or someone who you know. Even if it just gives you a little bit of hope that there could be a nugget of a cure out there for you to help you get through your journey. 


Lots of love,

Emilie x









No comments