Powered by Blogger.

Too Faced - Natural Love Palette Review & Swatches





So today my lovelies, I'm going to show you the beauty of an eyeshadow that I picked up in the states. 

The Too Faced Natural Love Palette.
THE PACKAGING!!!!!
How adorably cute is this packaging though?!
I have never seen a palette like it before and i am so grateful & happy that i have it in my collection. 
The palette comes in a matching cardboard box, that i am not throwing away, you'll be happy to know, and a little leaflet giving you ideas of what looks to create with the shades. The palette itself is also a strong card material. I have heard other reviews on other palettes in the past that are cardboard & they can be quite flimsy. For a quite expensive palette and such stunning packaging, i was a teensy bit worried that it may over uses wear and become very worn. But i think what may be different about this particular palette is that the card around the shadows is quite strong and sturdy with the mirror being a little but ore loose will make it easy to manoeuvre it over the palette to hold easier. Speaking of the mirror, it's a fab size. Just the size you need to see what your doing. It is also bordered with the draping flowers that come from the front of the palette.


 I was dreading touching the shadows in fear of ruining the look of them. All of the shades are pristinely kept in their little squares with the most cute little puns you ever did see.
Too Faced mention on the back of the packaging that some of the colours are taken from previous palettes as well as new shades added as well. 
I haven't tried any shadows from Too Faced before so all of the colours were exciting to see.

All together there are 30 shades. 13 Iconic shades & 17 never-before-seen shades. 

I have swatched all of shadows for you to see all in their glory.
First impressions from just touching the shadows instantly filled me with satisfaction. They are sooo buttery and soft.
As you will see from the swatches, they aren't the most pigmented shadows... which i don't think is such a bad thing. 
A lot of eyeshadows can be so pigmented but the formula doesn't match up to that. 
Sometimes i find, not all the time but with major pigmented eyeshadows you have a lot of fall out and sometimes is a little harder to work with.

The shadows from this palette are not sheer, neither rich in pigment. 
But, I think these shades will be SO perfect for all sorts of shadow wearers.
For the ones who like just a wash of colour, to wearers who like a but of oomph. 

You can definitely build the pigment up, as i still had too with my swatches.
But with a little more time to spend on the shades to give more of a colour pay off i think is worth it. Just look at the packaging! Just look at shades you get!
A variety of princess, smokey, minimal, seasonal shades all in one palette.

I think if you had a palette with high pigmentation, you are limited to how you can apply the shadows.
With this palette you can have a simple wash off colour to take your fancy or build the colour up if you want to make the colours stand out more.
With a super high colour pay off palette, i find it hard to just have a simple swish of colour to my lids. Don't get me wrong i do love a good pigmented eyeshadow, but just because the swatches may not look like much, don't let that put you off.

*All swatches were taken via my fingers & all taken with natural lighting & no editing.*





Satin Sheets in the pan is a soft pink but swatch more gold, with the tiniest undertone of pink, it's stunning & is definitely my favourite out of this bunch. Oh but fairy tale!! Fairy tale is so beautiful, this is much more of a prominent glitter. The glitter is a white-silvery shade, which looks super pretty with the undertone of gold. Not chunky at all but the others are more shimmer, but this shades is on the more glitter side, come through sparkle!



I just love this corner of the palette. You have tickle me that could work in the centre of the eye for a halo effect or on the inner corner for a bit of glimmer. Honey pot which is a pure goddess gold. My favourite out of this set HAS to be undercover. In the swatch its coming through as more matte. But i can a sure you that if you look closely, there is hints of blue glitter. This shade is SO beautiful, in the pan when the light hits on this colour, the gorgeous royal blue just hits the light and looks stunning. I like the fact its not in your face, its just like, oh how lovely a matte purple, OH HELLO BLUE SPARKLE! I don't think I have owned a shade like this one before & i can't wait to use it.
I have just swatched again tickle. Now this one is for the rose gold lovers out there like myself. I couldn't put my finger on what colour this shade reminded me of. A vintage rose gold is how i would describe it. Imagine that with a cranberry shade in the Autumn! Yes please.



The pretty pastels. I don't own a palette with such beautiful pastel pink shades. How beautifully fitting would these be for spring. 
I am obsessed with the shame kittens. Kittens, Cutie Patootie & Bunny Nose are very slight duo chromes. Kittens is a more warmer gold toned pink & Cutie Patootie is a more peachy cool toned pink. Bunny Nose is a blue toned pink. Dear Diary is a very versatile bronzy copper shade that will be gorg for the autumn season. 



My my my. LOVE BUG. IS BEAUTIFUL!!! As soon as i swatched this shade, i knew this was my favourite shade in the palette. It is a purple that just gleams in the light. It reminds me of one that my mom wears from Rimmel. It's my favourite colour on her as it makes her greens eye pop even more than they do naturally. It has a sliiiight warm pink to it, but this purple shade for a smokey look is going to look da bomb.com. Super pretty. Smokin' definitely catches my eye too. It has a olivey undertone that will look amazing on all eye colours. I'm not one for wearing green tones but i think this olive shades will compliment my brown eyes quite nicely. On darker skin toned this would like.. *fingers to lips & kiss, throws it up into the air...* balissimo!
Moon beam is a interesting shade. It has a slight hue of grey. In pan it is a shimmery beigey colour with the slightest and i mean little insy bit of a purple tone to it as well. But i love the hint of grey in their, i'm thinking a wintery eye look with a mauve lip. 




Onto the last row now, the stand outs for me are Spotlight. You can never go wrong with a beige shade to pop all over the lid, to blend out other shadows or just wash over the lid for a blank canvas to pop other colours on top of. Honey Butter is just an on trend colour right now. Perfect to add into the crease to add definition and can be paired with all eye looks. By faaaar my fave and like Undercover, my favourite in the palette is Hot & Bothered. This reminds me of Makeup Geeks Flame Thrower. It is a gorgeous warm orange rust colour. The epitome of Autumn. Honey Butter in the crease to define and Hot & Bothered all over the lid with lashes would look epic. SO beautiful.
How lucky to have a matte black in this palette. Not often do you find a palette with pastel princess pinks in with a black.
Perfect for the crease for smokey look or to use a liner which will give the look more of a softer feel rather than using gel/liquid.

This palette is so versatile. Just like the name suggests, you can go natural or even take it day to night with the darker shades. Like i say, not most palettes have these sorts of shades in one palette. And its so nice to see! It means you can create so many looks, with just one beautifully packaged palette. I know how hard it is to pack light when travelling, i find it so hard to choose between palettes, i think ''oh but what if i want to create this look'' and so on. But with this beaut, you can create endless amounts of looks. The quality of the shadows are dreamy and from a few mattes to mainly sparkles, your eyes will portray the wonder of this palette.


This palette is limited edition, so if your tempted to get the most beautiful palette yet, get your paws on it quick, you won't regret it! You could even use it has a decorative piece... ;)

You can get this palette from:
Sephora $59.00

No comments